- How can I change or cancel my reservation?
- How can I pay?Payment is via credit card only. See our terms and conditions for details about refunds in case of canceled reservations.
- I don’t have a credit card. How can I book a room?Please contact us us by phone or email. We will contact you as soon as possible to make other payment arrangements.
- Is online booking safe and secure?The safety and security of our online booking system is guaranteed. If you would prefer to make your reservation via email, please contact us.
- Is there an additional fee for a 3rd or 4th guest?Yes, there is an additional fee for a 3rd or 4th person in the room. For an exact quote please contact us by phone or email.
- What are the opening hours of the reception desk?Hotel IX does not have a traditional reception desk or area. If you have any questions or requests, please contact us by phone or email. You can find our contact details here.
- What are the prices of the suites?All prices are listed on the booking page.
- When should I pay for my reservation?Your invoice should be paid prior to your check-in date.
- Will I receive a confirmation?If you make your reservation online, you will immediately receive a confirmation via email. Reservations made via email or telephone will receive a confirmation within 24 hours.
Check-in / out
- How does the check-in system work?The day before check-in, we will send you an email or text message with the entry codes for the hotel and your suite. Upon arrival, enter your code into the code-box located on the door in order to access the hotel. The door to your suite will have a similar code-box. We will send you two codes; one for the hotel entrance and one for your suite.
View this video for instructions on how to open the hotel entrance door:
- What are the check in and check out times?Check in begins as early as 14:00 on the first day of your reservation. Rooms are accessed via an electronic code which will be provided to you ahead of time. Check out is as late as 11:00 on the last day of your reservation. For example, if your reservation is for two nights, from Friday to Sunday, you are welcome in your room from 14:00 Friday afternoon until Sunday at 11:00. The electronic code will not work before 14:00 on Friday and will stop working after 11:00 on Sunday.
- Are cots for children available?Sorry, no, cots are not available.
- Are pets allowed at Hotel IX?Sorry, pets are not allowed in the hotel.
- Can 3 or 4 guests stay in one suite?There are enough beds (one Queen or King bed plus one two-person convertible sofa) for four guests in each suite, except for Wolvenstraat, which can accommodate a maximum of two guests. There is an additional fee for a 3rd or 4th person in the room. For an exact quote please contact us by phone or email.
- Is free WIFI available in the hotel?Yes, there is WIFI access in each suite. Login information can be found inside the suites.
- Room access without key or cardOur hotel features a keyless entry system that works with pre-programmed codes that will be communicated with you prior to your arrival. The code gives access to the main door of the room booked for the duration of the stay at Hotel IX. Once the booking period has ended, the code is no longer valid. Codes are communicated at the time of your confirmed booking.
- What are the sizes of the beds at Hotel IX?All of the suites have King (180cm x 200cm) beds, except for Reestraat, which has a Queen bed (160cm x 200cm).
- Is breakfast included?Hotel IX does not offer breakfast service. We would be happy to make reservations for you with our neighbor, Screaming Beans, for a delicious breakfast, which is served from 8AM on weekdays, 9AM on Saturday, and 10AM on Sunday.
- What is the exact location of Hotel IX?Hotel IX is located at Hartenstraat 8, Amsterdam. We are between Keizersgracht and Herengracht. Click here for directions.
- What is your smoking policy?Hotel IX is a smoke-free environment with smoke detectors. Costs incurred due to false fire alarms will be charged to the guest.
- How much is a taxi ride from Schiphol to Hotel IX?A taxi ride from the airport to Hotel IX costs about EUR 45.
- I have a comment or a complaint. Who should I contact?Please contact Susan or Merel. See our contact page for our phone number and email address.